Terms & Conditions
Warranties & Manufacturers
All items sold by truck-gps.com are warranted solely by the manufacturer/distributor, except "direct import"—a.k.a. IMP—items. All items requiring repair (other than IMP) should be sent to the manufacturer/distributor directly for service. We are not liable if the manufacturer/distributor fails to perform warranty service.
For IMP items only, we provide a warranty identical to the provisions and limitations of the manufacturer's warranty for such items, with the exception of the time period, which is equal to the term of the manufacturer's warranty or one (1) year, whichever is less. Your warranty card and/or sales slip must accompany all items.
Used equipment is covered under a 90-day parts and labor warranty.
THERE IS NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON ANY ITEM SOLD BY US.
WE will not be responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise purchased from us. OUR'S liability is limited to the monetary value of the merchandise.
We collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Platform, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
The provision of Personal Information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as setting up an account, conducting a transaction, commenting on a blog post or reviewing a product.
1. Personal Information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
• Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
• Name, telephone number, email address, mailing address, billing and other information used to process an order and send you the items you purchased. If needed, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates) can be provided as well.
• You may also provide us with other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in blog posts, community discussions, and chats, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
• You may provide us with your name and contact information when you register for an event on our website or in our store.
• Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
• Note: We does not collect credit card or other financial information from you; that information is collected directly by our trusted third party payment processing partners. On occasion, for some international customers will require bank account information.
• When selling a used item to us, it is required that collect a copy of a valid government issued ID.
NOTE: If you give us Personal Information about someone else, including pictures of them, their name, their e-mail address, etc., on our social media Platforms, e-views and comments on our websites, you must do so only if you have that person's consent to provide us with that information. You should direct them to this policy, so that they are informed about how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their Personal Information. Please see our website user agreement for how we may use and retain any content submitted to us.
2. Personal Information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
• We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and a unique device token.
• Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing activity, history and your web log information.
3. Personal Information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
• For more information about our use of these technologies, and how to control them, see section on Cookies (Section I).
4. Personal Information we collect from third parties
On occasion we might collect Personal Information from third parties such as trade shows or email lists to market our products and services to you. This information is usually limited to name, email address and, rarely, mailing addresses.
5. Linking to External Websites
Under the GDPR, residents and nationals of the EEU have the following data rights:
• Right to be informed: You have a right to know how and what Personal Data we collect from you and what we use it for. You will find that information in this policy.
• Right to request access: You have the right to request access to the Personal Data held about you, to obtain confirmation that it is being processed, and to obtain certain prescribed information about how we process it.
• Right to object applies to the processing of your Personal Data where it is based on Legitimate Interests and where your data is processed for direct marketing or processed for the purposes of collating statistical information.
• Right to restrict processing or 'block' the use of your Personal Data, for instance where you believe your Personal Data is not accurate (until the accuracy can be verified).
• Right to Erasure: The right to have your Personal Data erased, also known as the "right to be forgotten", enables you to request the deletion or removal of Personal Data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use. Requests for erasure may be refused in some circumstances such as where the Personal Data must be retained to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise or defend legal claims.
• Right to rectification: You have the right to request to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data completed in certain circumstances.
• The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your Personal Data for your own purposes across different services; to move copy or transfer your Personal Data easily from one environment to another in a safe and secure way without hindrance to usability.
You may exercise your rights in relation to automated decision making in circumstances which have a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right allows individuals in certain circumstances to access certain safeguards against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken solely without human intervention. In specific instances, you have the right to request human intervention and an explanation of the automated decision, and you may be able to challenge that decision.
If you are a resident or national of the European Economic Area (EEA) and would like to exercise your individual data subject access rights, please contact our Compliance team using the details at the top of this policy.
Under the California Consumer Protection Act, California residents have the following data rights:
• Right to request deletion of personal information: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you provided we do not need to retain the information for legitimate business or legal reasons. To request that your information be deleted from our system, please send an email with your request to us. Once the request has been received, you may be asked to provide additional identifying information for verification purposes before your request can be accommodated.
• Right to opt-out of the sale of personal information: B&H does not sell customer information to third parties.
• Right to non-discrimination for the exercise of your privacy rights: We respects and values the privacy rights of our consumers, and we do not discriminate against customers who exercise their privacy rights under California law or any other law.
• Authorized Agent: As a California consumer, you have the right to have someone else make requests for you under the CCPA.
As part of our GDPR compliance program, we would like to inform our customers about the legal reasons why we collect your Personal and Sensitive information. We collect and process your Personal Information for a range of different business and legal purposes. The following is detail of how and according to which Legal Basis we use your Personal Information.
1. Processing necessary to fullfil a sales order/contract and provision of services
We use your Personal Information to fullfil sales and provide you with our Services. This includes the following:
• To manage your registration as a user on the our Platform. This helps us identify you as a Platform user, and offers you access to different functionalities, and a better experience.
• To complete business transactions and fullfil orders (online or in our store), including providing your Personal Information to our partners for shipping and tracking requirements.
• To process payments. We do not store or capture any credit card information. This information is collected directly by our payment processing partners. Since this information is collected from our site and from you, our customer, we would like to inform you about its collection.
• To provide you with the best quality of customer service via our chat, email and phone lines.
• To provide you with services related to the warranty of your purchase, usually provided through our warranty partners or sometimes directly from the manufacturer of your purchased product.
• To provide you with important information about your purchased product including any updates or other manufacturer notices.
• To ask you to review your purchase, your experience on our Platform and review us as a company.
• To update, confirm and inform you about events you may have registered for, held in our stores, event spaces or virtually on our websites.
• To detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraud, or other criminal or potentially prohibited activities.
2. Processing necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations:
We may use your Personal Information to comply with our local laws and regulations, including:
• To comply with all relevant tax and financial reporting requirements and regulations.
• To comply with all legal proceedings.
• To deal with requests from you to exercise your Data Subject access rights.
• To process information regarding a crime or offence and support associated proceedings.
• To monitor activities and safeguard your welfare on our Platform and premises.
• To protect you, ourselves and our employees through appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed a criminal act or are in breach of their legal obligations.
3. Processing based on our Legitimate Interests:
We may use your Personal Data to pursue our Legitimate Interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh those interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. Our use of your Personal Data for our Legitimate Interest includes:
• Improving our services; for example, reviewing information associated with nonfunctioning pages or links, so that we can fix them and give you a frustration free experience on our Platform.
• Personalize, measure and improve our advertising based on your activities on our Platform.
• Contact you view email, push notifications on your browser and mobile app and by SMS/text message to offer you information about your purchased products, our products, sales, offers and services.
• Measure the performance of our marketing campaigns; for example, analyzing the open and click rates of an email campaign.
• To serve you better, we may combine the information you provide us online, in our superstore and through our catalogs to improve your overall shopping experience; for example, analyzing browsing behavior to create a better navigation menu so that you need less clicks to get to your product of choice.
• Contact you by email, telephone or SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as push notifications etc., regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including Platform security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
• To respond to your posts, comments and provide customer service on our Platform and other social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
• To provide customer service to you via chat and email.
• To measure the performance of our customer service associates.
• To verify product and customer experience reviews left on the B&H website to provide a truthful assessment of our services and merchandise.
• For the internal management and audit of business operations and financials.
• We use CCTV monitoring in our physical locations including our Superstore to prevent criminal activity and protect you, our customer.
4. Processing based on Consent
With your consent, we may use your Personal Information to:
• Provide you with marketing via email, SMS/Text message and push notifications on your browser and through our mobile application.
• Provide you with targeted advertisements from other parties while you are experiencing our Platform.
• Provide you with targeted advertisements on third party websites, including our advertisements and those of third parties.
• Send you our industry leading catalogs and other printed mailings.
• Allow select partners to profile your activities on our Platform so that you can have a better experience on our, their and other third party websites.
• Host educational, demonstrations and other events in out event spaces, store and online on our website.
Our partners may use automated profiling technologies for purposes of serving you more relevant ads and improving your browsing experience.
What is a Cookie
A Cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your PC, telephone or any other device, with information about your navigation on that website. Cookies are necessary to facilitate browsing and to make it more user-friendly. They do not damage your computer and are never used to store your sensitive Personal Information.
The purpose of using cookies is to improve your web browsing experience, enhance site security, and for marketing and promotional purposes. Cookies allow us to remember your preferences (like preferred language and country), estimate patterns of use, and provide improved search results. We also collect certain technical information from your computer, like your IP address and the address of a referring web site, if any. This information will allow us to enhance our site to match your preferences. This information is used only for the benefit of us, our authorized Partners and you, our customer.